Sunday, June 01, 2014

State Museum Cafetaria

Kindly click on the image for a bigger view


This is a sketch of the cafeteria area behind the State Museum in Bangalore at Kasturba Gandhi Marg [Road]. I did the Ink sketch while waiting for a couple friend who were leaving the city for good. I added the colors later on at home. This place is very calm, good to seat down for a tea or coffee and very near to Cubbon Park, The Science Museum, The Aquarium and UB City Mall.


To start off on location, I marked some guidelines with a graphite pencil for the main structure, the position of the umbrella, the foreground elements, the tiled layout to get the perspective lines and spacing correct still keeping it loose. Then I sketched over with a Pigma Micron 005 [.20 mm with waterproof ink] pigment liner pen and erased the graphite underlines. I further enhanced some areas with a waterproof Gel ink pen [.50 mm thickness] to give importance. Later on at home, I added the watercolor washes based from my memory.

Medium:
Pigma Micron 005 Pigment Liner, Waterproof Gel pen and watercolor.
Size: 5" H x 6 1/2" W.
Time: 90 min. approx.
Source: Sketched live with Ink, colors added later on.

Visit my fb art page:
www.facebook.com/dhrubamazumderfineart

© Dhruba Mazumder, 2014. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Supper..view captured with n ice explanation.

Dhruba Mazumder said...

Thanks a lot for your comment, Much appreciated!